Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I passed!


I updated my facebook status to shout my praises at passing my master's level Comprehensive Nursing Exam! Woot! Woot!

However I feel I should explain more to those that care to read about my endeavors to be a nurse practitioner.


I have passed WSU's comprehensive exam...like a dissertation or theists of sorts. It was a four hour all essay exam and it focused on nursing theorists, research, and advanced practice issues. (All my absolute favorite topics! NOT!) I still have my remaining classes, finals, and clinicals to complete.... I am far from done. After graduation (May) and then completion of clinicals (July)...I can then proceed to take the national board certifications. So many more prayers still need to come my way.


This semester is close to ending and I look forward to Christmas break. I feel that I have learned so much but there is always so much more to learn. In January my new clinical site will in the ER and I am very excited about it!


So any questions people? Clear as mud? That about sums up my program!

3 comments:

the fredin's said...

congratulations!! thats awesome! i can't wait to hear about your er clinicals! what er are you in?

Anonymous said...

yeah! congratulations melisa. that's so exciting! you are very brave for going back to school. once i graduate in may, i'm done. (at least that's what i say now! lol.)

Anonymous said...

Melisa
Congratulations! We are proud of you. Maybe Grandpa should give you another calf!!!!!

Love, grandma butch