Thursday, January 21, 2010

Do's and Don'ts

A few things I have learned in just a month working in the ER....

Do come in to the ER right away when you lose vision in your eye and have a headache.
Don't wait and then drive yourself in.

Do tell the truth.
Don't lie. I have records and ways of finding out.

Do come to the ER for emergencies.
Don't come in the ER because you stubbed your toe 14 hours ago and it hurts. Then tell me you can't really walk because of the pain but in the next sentence tell me you walked to the ER cause it is only 5 blocks away.

Do try Tylenol and Motrin for your pain and fever at home.
Don't overdose on Tylenol or Motrin.

Do try to call your own doctor first.
Don't think that if you have had this pain for years I will be able to cure.

Do be courteous to ALL staff
Don't talk on your cell phone or txt when I am trying to help you. You came here for help. Its an EMERGENCY remember.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a GREAT list Melisa! ha ha! I got a good laugh out of it. Don't you know you are just their next primary care provider?? :) ha ha