Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 2 in District of Columbia

So Day 2 starts of with an "early morning" to Jodi's work. She works at a school so we were bombarded with people and election propaganda on our way in. (I will not miss those TV ads either!)I got to meet many of her great co-workers and she her space. She really is in here element there. After some printing of google maps I was off to explore the city on my own. First stop: THE NATIONAL ZOO

It was a very cool place and especially nice that it was free! Some of my favorite animals are seen in these pictures. It was founded in 1889 and designed by the same person who designed Central Park in New York City.























I then explored a bit of the Mount Pleasant neighborhood near Jodi's school. Cute little shops and stores for everything.


My El Salvadorian breakfast/snack!! YUMMY!!!

















Jodi and I met for lunch near her other place of work in Adams Morgan neighborhood. We had an amazing Mediterranean meal.








Then I met up with Jodi's friend from college Sara and we went to explore Bethesda. I had to go there because it was mentioned on Bones!! I love that T.V. show! (Thanks for putting up with me Sara.) To top the night off we visited another college friend of Jodi's to see the view from here apartment high rise. Amazing!

No comments: