Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sister week in D.C! Day 1

So I have decided updating on Portland can wait..... 1) because all my amazing pictures are at my computer at home. 2) because I am currently in Washington D.C. This city just begs to be blogged about!

So this is the start of my 10 day visit to see my sister Jodi who is currently doing Voluntary Service in D.C. For more about her story I will refer you to more reading of her blog!

Monday was flight day. Poor Liam, Nora, & Kellie who have been so nice to take me to the airport a lot recently and have no been able to go with me!! One day!

I flew to Memphis were I hung out longer than expected for maintence delays on the plane here are some cool art pics from the airport. It was hard to be in the same city as Erin and not see her even if it was only a 2 hour window!
























I finally made it to D.C and Jodi picked me up and we were off right away to go on a night monument tour with her housemates and supportive staff! Here are a few pictures of that!










3 comments:

aunteem said...

Wow! Who or what is the last statue you are standing by? Can't see it well enough to decide. What cool night time pics of the Washington memorial!

Melisa said...

The last picture is in front of the Academy of Sciences...(or something like that!) It is a HUGE statue of Albert Einstein.

Ally said...

verry nice...:)