Friday, September 2, 2011

life lessons just today

Today I saved a cicada from the pool. I felt good. Then I looked over a minute later and saw a robin eating it. Circle of life.

Only I would leave the house with a half eaten pizza on the stove and the dog trapped in the kitchen and expect the pizza to be there when I return. Ooops! Lesson learned I am a dumb dog owner.

Conversations with my mentoree today:

A-"Maybe your dog hurt his back cause it is so hot outside the heat pushes his back down or something" Lesson learned: Teach kid more about health science

A- "Even if you come a minute late like you usually do it is ok because I know you will be there like you say you will." Lesson learned: make better effort to be on time. I forgot as a kid I thought minutes were hours.

A-"Under the water you look skinny" Me- "uhm thanks" Lesson learned: I take what I can get!



Kids blossom with positive relationships. I have seen good things in only a months time. Take the time...Be a mentor today!